Thursday, August 7, 2008

change fo' yo dolla

Life’s a chaaangin’

For one thing, 165 days till Baby Niecphew makes his/her way into this world, insha’Allah. And no, we still haven’t found out the gender. I just can’t wait. I want to be able to buy blue or pink things already, helloooo. Yellow is not my absolute favorite. Yellow is like the sell out baby color. Like, you just don’t care or something. Like, hi, I dress my newborn in yellow cuz we never cared to find out the gender during the pregnancy. Ok, I’m such a hater. I think a lot of my friends reading this didn’t wanna find out the gender. SORRY GUYS I HEART YOU ALL!

Soooo yeah. We need to have a baby shower. For friends. Seeing as the baby will probably have a shower in Chicago with majority family from his/her dads side. All the cool people live in Atlanta. Or at least, we’re all Atlanta based. Everyones moved away. Makes things so much much much more harder to plan. Aaaah.

Amenah got engaged so she’s technically become one of us now. Or will be soon. ATLANTA BASED crew. She’s moving alllllllll the way to the bay area..yes as in california. That’s kind of far, like 4 hours behind. Saddening. But it’s okay because…well, I don’t knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww HOW ABOUT SHE FOUND THIS COOL GUY WHO’S JUST LIKE HER MASHA’ALLAH. Like who would’ve thought. It’s amazing. I’m really happy for her. I sound like a cheeseball I think. Whatever. I talked to him and this is the first thing I said, “hi, if you hurt my friend, we will all kick you” and he was like WHOAAAA nice introduction. NOT. But he’s a pretty damn fast learner, because halfway through the convo he totally caught on and was like, “ok Sal, so what you’re saying is that basically, even if Amenah is wrong, she’s right and I’m actually the one in the wrong” and I said, GOOD JOB! *pats head*

It’s kinda bizarre because 2 weeks prior to this whole thing working out for her, I said to afshan how she and I should visit the bay area for a vacation or something. it’s funny I’ve had some weird obsession with that area and NOW I totally have an excuse to visit.

Soooo, a wedding means we need to have a bridal shower. It’s gonna be funny/cool. Amenah is arab…but she wants a bridal shower with an INDIAN theme. How interesting is that? Basically I’m thinking of just having a mini Mehendi/Henna bridal shower for her. AGAIN planning is key. Everybody needs to be in the same city at the right time. Aaahhhh

Because then the wedding is in a totally different city. And people have school and work and stuff. Insha’Allah khair. It’ll be a reunion of the original crew of four, one of whom we lost touch with for a couple years because she was moving around the world. She’s finally married and settled in Germany now temporarily and will hopefully make it back for the wedding.

Speaking of which I CANT WAIT TO GO TO MY FIRST ARAB WEDDING AND BE A BRIDESMAID yayyyyyyyy.

I feel like a teenybopper.
…

lately Sun and all of us (my other crew of girls) have been talking more as well. It’s nice because for a while only a few of us would talk to each other randomly. Lots has changed but is still the same. Does that even make sense?

My time in Atlanta was nice – I realized I never wrote about it. Saw a ton of family after forever. Lots of hugs. One of my dads brothers I saw after forever and a half. He’s so coollllllllllllll. I heart my uncles.

Everyones got all these kids now haha. Two of my cousins (brothers) are each expecting their firstborns. And another one of my girl cousins is expecting her second child. mashaAllah.

Andddd, I’m still waiting for a confirmation on Minas wedding date this December cuz that’s another bridal shower I need to plan!!

I’m on the phone while typing. Might explain why the writing kinda sucks for this post. They’re talking about how T-Bhai went to a wedding in Michigan where the groom arrived on a decked out horse. How old school is that haha. The only way a horse would be part of my wedding if we could possibly ride away in a carriage at the end.

So anyways we had a dawat this weekend and this super cool aunty brought me pink roses from her very own garden. I was extra overjoyed about that. I mean, when was the last time someone brought me flowers from their very OWN garden …like NEVER. Anyone can get flowers from the store or florist. *Sigh*

The petals are slowly falling off on my dresser. It’s sad but I let them gather cuz they smell so good. I love dried up flower petals.

Aaaas for my own life, it’s pretty uneventful so I don’t think I need to talk about it much. I’m living voraciously through all my friends. It’s nice : - )

4 comments:

Reham said...

LOOOOL

I love the whole "she's settled in Germany now TEMPORARILY"

haha, i'm the only one in the world who can "temporarily settle" :P

Anyways I am feelin the pink even though I SO did not see it coming.

Ich Liebe Dich

Anonymous said...

wow amna has finally come to an end with those
whole matramonial ( I think that's how u spell it)
I am glad she has found someone how can
support her with her BOOK and etc.
Sal u r a hater I love yellow!!!!!!! Maliha

Afshan said...

I have no idea how I'm going to manage bridal dress fittings either right before or right after I have the kid...I may be bowing out =/ Maybe I can be your bridesmaid later? You ARE going to do a white dress in at least one event inshaAllah so you might as well dish out selections for maid of honor (ahem) & bridesmaids

amenah said...

hey hey hey....you are going to be a bridesmaid damit! you cant ditch me...through thick and thin dude....thick and thin LITERALLY..

Plus your this small little thing, you probably didnt even gain anything with the baby..

And a study found that Indians have a higher metabolism, because of all the curry they eat. SOO you will burn weight quicker then the bride whos doing personal training sessions...

 
AFSHANS BABYS' AND MY NEICPHEWS (NEPHEW OR NIECES) COUNTDOWN babies